imyfraser

Blonde Book Nerd

I have a love of books. Reading and reviewing with a coffee - That's the life.
One Tiny Lie - K.A. Tucker This highly rated book did not rate high with me, basically down to the fact after reading [b:Ten Tiny Breaths|15990969|Ten Tiny Breaths (Ten Tiny Breaths, #1)|K.A. Tucker|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1374387219s/15990969.jpg|21747190] it didn't live up to my expectations.To begin with I read a few chapters then replaced it with another book as it wasn't interesting me - and the book I swapped it with, became boring. So I gave [b:One Tiny Lie|17302495|One Tiny Lie (Ten Tiny Breaths, #2)|K.A. Tucker|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1365692893s/17302495.jpg|22603415] another go.Parts of the book were great! I especially enjoyed reading about the two little twin boys. I also enjoyed Livie's character..to start with.After a while she got front and centre on my "Annoying the fuck out of me" list. Now I don't condone people being unfaithful what-so-ever. I've read plenty where there's cheating involved, but the way it was put down here pissed me off.Livie treated Connor like he was shit on the bottom of her shoe! When they first met, I thought he was Gorgeous. She strung him along the whole way through knowing she didn't feel for him what he did her. Just for the fact that he was what she "Thought" she needed.Ashton was a dickweed. Yes he had problems, but so what! Everyone has fucking problems. Doesn't give you the right to act like an asshole.I was not at all convinced by Ashton's "Best friend" relationship with Connor.Maybe it's just me but I absolutely cringe when written in a book "Make me forget" Seriously why does that need to be written? You could just say the actual meaning behind those words "LETS FUCK" and I'd be all for it.Dr Stayner was completely unethical, crazy with a bit of psychotic on the side. Though funny at times it was completely unrealistic with some of the advice Livie was given by him and how he presented himself as a psychiatrist.The reason for the 3 star rating after everything I've written is purely because overlooking the downfalls of the book I still somewhat enjoyed myself.